When I first joined WordPress I saw this little award everywhere. I did a little research to find out more and I really love the idea of it. Thanks so much to HKnits for nominating me for this award, I really appreciate the gesture! I love her blog you should definitely check it out if you haven’t already.
The Leibster Award is given by bloggers, to bloggers, and it’s purpose is to highlight blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a look. Encouraging people to visit blogs that others enjoy seems like a great initiative. The rules for the award are pretty straightforward:
1. Post eleven facts about myself
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me
3. Invent eleven questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
1. I am a sophomore at Beloit College.
2. I am studying Creative Writing and Journalism.
3. In August I will be packing my bags and heading off to study abroad in Galway, Ireland for a semester. I am so incredibly excited to travel and study in Ireland.
4. This blog began as an assignment for a Journalism in Digital Media course.
5. Music is my other love in life (other than fiber crafts). I have a weekly radio show and am a music director for my college radio station.
6. My hometown’s population is less than 50 people.
7. Although I complain about the winter, I really love it because a snowstorm is the perfect excuse to stay at home on a Saturday night to knit and drink coffee.
8. I have been a crocheter since I was 8 and a knitter since I was 11 (I am 19 now).
9. My dogs are the sweetest animals in existence. I have 2 boston terriers named Yola and Roxie.
10. My boyfriend and I have been together since we were 15.
11. I really, really, really hate Jell-O.
Questions From My Nominator
1. Do you prefer Live TV or DVR?–Live TV, it is much more exciting.
2. What makes you click the “follow blog” button on someone else’s blog?–Great photos and snappy writing.
3. Apple or PC?–PC all the way.
4. What was your favorite hobby when you were a child?–Reading and writing poetry about silly things.
5. Coffee or Tea?–Coffee is my number one but I have recently taken a liking to tea as well.
6. Where in the world is your favorite place to visit?–I love Sanibel Island, FL but I also really love to hang out in Madison, WI.
7. How did you learn to do your craft?–My mom taught me how to crochet when I was little and I taught myself how to knit.
8. If you could pick another craft to be really great at, what would it be?–I really want to learn how to spin yarn.
9. Do you prefer paper books or e-books?–Paper books, there is nothing better than the smell of a new book.
10. What is in your topics search on your wordpress reader page?–Books, Knitting, Crochet, Wool, Yarn, Art, Photography, and Travel.
11. What is your favorite movie?–Sixteen Candles will always be my ultimate favorite.
Questions For My Nominees
1. What is your typical Wednesday night like?
2. Where would you like to travel to?
3. What is smell that reminds you of your childhood?
4. What snack do most often reach for?
5. What is your favorite store?
6. If you could have any occupation besides the one you have now, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. Cats or dogs?
9. What action or moment in your life are you most proud of?
10. Who is the main person you lean on in life?
11. What is your favorite article of clothing?
Blogs I Nominate
2. Keep It Simple
3. The Mad River Knitter
4. Knitterly Blog
5. Twisted Stitches
6. Travelling the World and So Much More
7. Like Purls Off a String
10. Be Fabulous
11. Turtles on the Run