First of all I’d like to thank all my new followers for following and commenting. I really appreciate it and love talking to you all.
My apologies for not posting as regularly this week. I have been swamped at school lately and have not had the motivation to do one more bit of writing.
Now let’s talk about that black and pink sweater I have been posting about. Technically I finished the knitting last Saturday evening. I say technically because I have to rip out the button band. Picking up stitches is the most obnoxious skill needed in the knitting world.
Obviously it is not a skill that I have mastered quite yet. The right side is fine where the left side is all bunched and scrunched and junky. I couldn’t tell that it was all bunched until I cast off the button band so it was doubly frustrating. I was so excited to have finished it but no, I must redo the most dreaded part of the sweater.
This disappointment has squashed my will to knit for now so I traded in my needles for a hook. I started a solid colored granny square blanket. I decided to use all of my low quality acrylic bits that I can never seem to use up all the way and make them into one giant blanket. I have calculated that I will need about 180 squares to make it the size I want (double to queen size). So far I have 22 squares done. I have all colors of the rainbow in my stash so I hope to incorporate them all in this blanket. It may be a little ugly but it will be durable and cozy.